Friday, December 31, 2010

Past, Present and Future

Tonight at midnight it will bring to a close 2010.

Where has the time gone?

It's been a weird, hard, and crazy year.

I've come to realize things do change.  But they don't do it on their own.  I've been in this industry for a long time.  I've paid my dues, or I am still paying my dues, but it's all worth it.

I have alot of fans.  It been a huge undertaking, but the grass roots are there.

I've done things that most wouldn't even consider.  I have no regrets.

Things are the way they are for a reason.  Or so we are told.  I guess it really depends on how you perceive things.  Who you listen too.  The choices you make.  And the balls to go after it.

I have been the brunt of jokes, I've made jokes and I have come to accept that some people think I am a man. Ya you read that last bit right.  One night I was out with my son.  I told him some people think I am a trans sexual.  He said, "Mom, Fuck em.  If they think your a trannie than it will be the best post op they have ever seen. And use it to your advantage"  It made me giggle.  But in the same right it's a valid point.

We are who we are.  You can't have fans without having the hater's there too.  I use to take to heart all the derogatory, demeaning and harsh words or reviews.  But what I really needed to do was have a little faith in myself.  Not worry so much about others and the rest will fall into place.

I'm looking forward to moving forward....

I have goals, dreams and along with that reality of a world that is need of some desperate improvement.

I've have worked with alot of talented people this year.  I worked with some whiny bitches (and some aren't even female). 

I realize time marches on.  What it really comes down to?

Friends, Family, and Fans.  Some people that have become part of my 'new family' an extended family of sorts.

I hope this new year brings forth the changes that are needed so desperately for this country.  I hope that the country can stop taking sides.  Do what is best for us as a whole, instead of a part. 

If we took all that money we spent on frivolous ear marks, money spent on a useless war, bailing out our banking system etc, we could feed, cloth and shelter every human being on this planet.

Take all that money donated every year and actually come up with a cure.  Stop letting ignorance guide you. 

But one thing is for sure, a new year is beginning.  What side are you on?

I guess if I had any resolutions they would be:  Spend more time with family, stop smoking, and maybe hit the gym.

Things I can't resolve, well  ummm they will work themselves out.  I just need to be more patient.  Another one right there, I am the most impatient person you probably know.

Thanks to everyone who has made this an exceptional year, despite all the mayhem that has incurred.

Be careful out there tonight.  Be safe.

Happy New Year

Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment